FREE SOCIAL MEDIA SOURCES: Social Media Content Sources
UPDATE 4.27.20: This article is more relevant in today's environment because you need content now more than ever.
It can be difficult and time-consuming to find and come up with good and relevant information to post to your social media sites. Of course, you want to post about listings and sales, local community information, and happenings, but there are times you just need filler content to keep your page in your follower’s News Feed. Here’s a handy list of places you can find useful information to pass on.
- RIS Media Blog – You can always find several timely articles that relate to consumers. Like this one, for instance, talking about May and June being the best times to sell a home.
- Behr Paint – You wouldn't think of going to a paint company website to find good fodder for social media posts, but the company's blog, "Colorfully, Behr", includes articles on the color of the month and color trends (plus many more) that are very sharable.
- Architectural Digest – All it takes is a look at the home page to find interesting and evergreen content. Here you'll find everything from the most beautiful villas in film to a "Shop Smarter" section with articles like this one: “5 High-Tech Products That'll Make Your Home More Eco-Friendly.”
- Curbed – This site is all about celebrating, chronicling, and explaining everything you need to know about homes, neighborhoods, and cities. Curbed has 14 different cities where you can find specifics on those cities and the surrounding area, but their generic site has universal information you can share, including seven geodesic domes that you can rent or interesting homes on the market such as this Frank Lloyd Wright home in St. Louis.
- Pinterest – Type in keywords to get an avalanche of information that’s worth sharing. For instance, when you type Home Trends 2019 you’ll see hardwood flooring trends, overall home trends, kitchen trends and more!
- House Logic – This NAR-backed website is for homeowners, buyers, and sellers. It’s directed to consumers so all of their posts are applicable to your audience. Topics include home improvement, painting and lighting, cleaning and decluttering, and a spotlight called "Fables, Fiction, and Folk Tales Home Buyers Believe."
Pro-tip: Carve out 30 minutes at the beginning of each month to check these sites. Find four articles to post and schedule one a week for the month. Or more if you want to post more frequently.
Our Customer service team is ready to come to the rescue:
Call us: +(866) 777-3986
Monday through Friday 8:00 AM - 5 PM PST